In our home Snow + Kids = Sledding….
My sons adore sledding even at their ancient old ages of 15 & 21. You would easily find us at Chadwick park in North Andover, Andover high or Winnekini when they were younger. Now we do New England sports park since they are far taller than I am and are thrill seekers.
This year we are going to be venturing out to some new spots that you may want to visit as well. Please remember to use caution, wear a helmet when sledding and obey laws.
- Winnekini castle Haverhill Route 110 Near Kenoza lake
- Swasey Field Haverhill
- Tubing at New England Sports Park in Amesbury
- Wheatland Hill Located,Topsfield at the corner of Boston Street & Salem Road.
- Endicott Park is good for smaller children on Forest Street in Danvers Ma
- Beverly Golf and Tennis Club, 134 McKay Street in Beverly Ma
- Mack Park Tremont / Grove Salem ma
- Carl Thomas Field 60 Dana St North Andover
- Half mile hill technically Osgood street near Weir hill behind Edgewood farm.
- Drummond Park North Andover - 33 Johnson St , corner of Milk street
- Carter Hill - Bradford St North Andover is one of my all time favorites.
- Andover High school - 80 Shawsheen Rd Andover
- High Plain Elementary -333 High Plain Rd Andover
- Winnekinni Park Haverhill
- Hickory Hill Golf Course Methuen near the Dracut line
- Simonds Park on Bedford Street and behind the Marshall Simonds Middle School on Winn Street Burlington
- Fellsmere park off Fellsway East, Malden
- Highland Ave Malden
- Bear Hill at 2 North Street Stoneham
- Mount Hood is one of the BEST in Mass I am told and is on my must go list at100 Slayton Road, Melrose
- Sheepfold at Middlesex Fells, dog friendly Off Route 28 in Stoneham:
- Stoneham Oaks at101 Montvale Ave., Stoneham
- Hillview Country Club: 149 North St., North Reading, MA
- Hobart Street Playground: Hobart and Raleigh Streets, Allston/Brighton
- Glendale Park Elm St. and Ferry St: Everett, MA
- Corey Hill Outlook: Summit Avenue, Brookline
- Robbins Farm Park (aka Skyline Park): 61 Eastern Ave, Arlington,
Information from the Trustees of Reservation website:
The Crane Estate, Ipswich
The undulating, half-mile long Grand Allée provides some nice, family friendly sledding terrain, especially the farther east you walk from the Great House.
Stavros Reservation, Essex
Climb Whites Hill and take a breather to enjoy some terrific views of the Essex Marsh and Castle Hill. Then shove off for a slick ride back down.
Here are some things to consider : Use caution, avoid private property and kids should always wear a helmet! Please use your discretion and stay safe.
Do you have some to add to the list? Let me know today!